Sunday, August 7, 2011

Green Giant Days

Green Giants Days is usually the 2nd weekend of July. We started Friday evening out with Devin and Sully doing a quick drip in the pool while I got a few things done before we headed out to the park. The McGuire's came over for supper and then we headed to the Green Giant for fun family event and fireworks.

Melissa was able to get her picture taken with the Green Giant (not so giant)!!!
It was another hot July day, so water tasted good. Just like last year it rained again, but i did not ruin the evening. Just a quick shower.

Saturday morning was the 10K, 2 mile run, and kids 1/2 mile run. I rode bike during the 10K as a pace bike. Once I got the 2nd runner in I headed back out to find Melissa and Jackie. They did an awesome job.

Here is a photo of the kids with their ribbons after the 1/2 mile.

Pat and Robin ran the 2 mile with me. All I have to say is that biking around 9 miles and then running 2 right away sucks. Wow, my back hurt along with my legs, but I did it.

I am so proud of these 2.

After the runs we headed uptown for lunch and a few games. Devin got his face painted.


Then we finished the evening out with the parade and supper at our house with family.


No comments: