Sunday, August 7, 2011

The 4th of July

Well, July did not start off to be the best month of the July. It was hot and muggy just they way I like summer, but it was also an emotional roller coaster. The Monday before the 4th I got a phone call telling me that my Uncle Jim had had a heart attack and was in the St. Cloud hospital. Then on Thursday they took him off of life support. So, we packed everyone up and headed to Brainerd. The service was not till Wednesday, but my family has a big get together on the 4th. They all meet for the parade and then head to my uncle John's house for supper. This was the first time in a REALLY long time that I have been there for this event. It is nice to be able to see hang out with my family, since my dad has passed.


We arrived early enough that we were able to hit the water before we headed downtime for the parade.Devin even went down the big slide!!!

And he loved it!!!!
My uncle Jerry goes and saves a big section of a parking lot and sets up tents to add shade. Most of what you see in this photo is all family.

More family!

Again

Alexis waiting for the parade to start.

Austin and Devin playing with trucks and waiting for the parade to start.

On Tuesday we headed to a lake house of a family friend and spent the whole day playing there. This photo I took to the County fair and got a Blue Ribbon and a Reserved Champion Ribbon.

Devin and I playing by the water.

Devin making sand angels.


No comments: