Thursday, July 8, 2010

Potty Training or atleast the start of it!

So, we have decided to start focusing on potty training at our house. When we get back from swimming Devin always wants to take a shower and as soon as you turn the water on he will start peeing. We will catch him and say, "no, we go potty in the potty." And he will stop and then as soon as we are not looking he will start again. So, I have tried to get him to sit and he throws a fit, so we decided that daycare would be the best place to start. That way he can watch others and then maybe want to join in. Yesterday was the first day of this routine and he sat once with a little fit and then the second time he sat on his own, but did nothing in the potty. Today he sat and there was nothing and then the second time he sat and nothing again, but got up and did the potty dance and so they had him sit again and turned water on (to hopefully help) and HE WENT POTTY IN THE BIG BOY POTTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He was so happy when I asked him about it and did a little happy dance. I hope we can stay on the same path, but I know that he is young (2 1/2 years old). The weekend starts for Devin and I today, so we will see if I can get him to sit for me or if we will have to wait again till Monday. I am so proud of my little guy!

No comments: