Wednesday, July 21, 2010

The Fair

It is that time of year once again. The fair has returned to Blue Earth for yet another wonderful year. Last night was the first day and of course we had to go for supper!!!! We did a little walking around and Devin got to ride a few rides last night. He enjoyed the animals and really like the cows! I am not sure what his new interest is with them, but there was one getting it's hair cut and he would have stood there for forever watching if I would have let him.
This year one of my friends thought we should enter our jam in the fair and I decided ok I thought to myself, "why not go big or go home!" So, not only did I enter jam, I enter photos and scrapbooks. I entered 2 different jams and a salsa, 5 photos, 2 scrapbook albums, and 2 2-page layouts. I am very happy to say that I received many ribbons and a few Champions. But the one I am most proud of is my Reserve Champion on my 2-page layout featuring my dad and Devin. These were the last photos I had of him and it means more than you can imagine receiving ribbons for my work.
I also received a Champion on this photo of Devin and if you look in the bottom left is another photo that I took and I received a blue ribbon for that one.
I also received a Champion for my raspberry jam right behind Mandy's Grand Champion ribbon!!! We did a great job.
Tonight will be day 2 at the fair. More food, rides, and walking around enjoying the sites of the fair.

No comments: