Monday, July 12, 2010

Green Giant Days

Wow, what a busy weekend we had. We started off the weekend on Friday night out at the Green Giant for some music and games. Ben entered a bubble blowing contest with a few other people that we know.
Devin had fun dancing to the music and running around. We got hit with three rain showers while we were there and during the last one we all got totally drenched. And at that point the rest of the music was done, so it was onto fireworks. We went over to the school's back parking lot and watched from there with a group of our friends near one of the fire trucks. Devin just wanted to go home, I think beside being wet and starting to get cold he was very tired. We watch the fireworks and Devin cling to Ben's neck the entire time and didn't want to see the BOOMS and kept saying all done and wanted to go home.
On Saturday morning Both Devin and Austin along with the neighbor kids did a half mile kids run. I walked with Austin and Ben walked with Devin and boy that was one long walk with those two. And this was right after we got done running 2 miles.
Yes, I said we. Melissa and I have been training for the last few months to run 5K's this summer and this was her first race of the summer. I am so proud of both of us!
I got Ben to run the race also. We did awesome and he only came in 20 seconds before me. I took 1st place for my age group and he took 2nd place for his age group.
After the race, lunch and naps it was time for the annual parade. I was a nice parade and we ended up with a lot of candy. Devin is in heaven with all of that candy!!! We had supper at our house with my brother and his family and then Ben went with Mandy to their class reunion, while we watched a movie and relaxed. Sunday was a day of doing nothing. It felt so nice to just relax and enjoy the day. I ended my day with a girls trip to Albert Lea to see Eclipse!!! It was great and can't wait for the fourth movie to come out. I might have to re-read the book again.

No comments: