Sunday, July 4, 2010

5K Race

So, yesterday was my very first official 5K race. If you don't know a 5K is 3.2 miles. Myself and two other ladies went over to Briceyln for their "Chicken Run". I did not have my normal running buddy with me, but I did have my personal trainer with me. She runs about my speed so that was nice. She pushed me a lot more than I think I would have pushed myself. Out of the whole 3.2 miles I think I my have walked a total of 1/2 mile. Which is great for me, I have only ran outside 1 mile at a time with walking. It was pretty windy, which made it that much harder to run certain directions and boy it was HOT. But I finished and I wasn't last and my time was 33.38 minutes. I am very proud of that time. It is about 11 minutes per mile. I have done two other 5K work-outs the first one being closer to 45 minutes and the other being somewhere between 35-40 minutes, so my time was awesome!!!!

No comments: